Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Family fun meatballs

I had so much luck with the chicken biscuit pie, I thought I would try another Family Fun recipe. A requested spaghetti (she likes her noodles, doesn't she) so I tried their meatballs. They were quick and easy to make. I used the leftover spaghetti sauce. There wasn't quite enough(I like a lot of sauce) so I added one serving of the tomato soup. It was a terrific dinner.

Photobucket

Meatballs
adapted from FamilyFun.com
  • 1/4 c finely chopped onion
  • 1/2 c minced italian parsley
  • 1/2 c parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 c bread crumbs
  • 1 1/2 T Worchestershire sauce
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
  • 1 t oregano
  • 1 t basil
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/8 t pepper

Preheat oven to 350

Put all ingredients into a large bowl and mix with your hands

Form into walnut size balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 20-25 minutes until well browned.


I think next time I would put them on a cooling rack thing so they don't sit in the grease. I also turned them halfway through so they didn't get too brown on the bottom.

No comments: